Pages

Tuesday, September 19, 2017

On The Road

Greetings from the Road!  We've been traveling for about a week.


I loaded my laptop with World of Warcraft, Everquest 2 and Rift.  WOW and EQ2 looked great, but Rift, a beautiful game, looked sort of scrubby so I took it off.  As expected, connections on the road aren't fast, but I did manage to log into EQ2 and kill a few things.  Laggy but doable.

In case that happened, I was horrified at the idea of having no gaming time in the evenings, because I usually play every night. Loading some games from my Steam library seemed a solution if the MMOs weren't playable, reasoning I only needed to download them before leaving home, then any internet connection would be fine for playing.


After driving 8-9 hours a day, we're pretty tired by the time we find a spot.  So nothing yet.   Dept of overkill, we also brought Scrabble, Yahtzee, Uno and regular playing cards for some simple mindless relaxing play.  Unrelated to games, I brought several books and some crochet, because I have a horror of being bored.  Yes, we brought clothes too.

Edit:  Good connection tonite, World of Warcraft played fine. ^-^

Happy gaming in your snuggly high speed internet homes!

4 comments:

  1. In spite of all of the tweaks over the years, WoW still is not very demanding as far as graphics and processor power is concerned, so I'm not surprised WoW runs well for you.

    Hope the trip goes well!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to joke that you could play World of Warcraft on a Leappad (for kids), and thought the low requirements were part of its popularity. It seems to me they did increase them a few years ago, but it's still all good. I have a really nice gaming laptop, so that helps. A few places we've been, you could hardly load a single web page. Painful! The trip is 5000 miles long, and we're making good time. The days are just packed.

      Delete
    2. I think you should create a mashup video of On The Road Again with WoW toons.

      Delete
    3. That would be great! Luckily I don't have the skills to create it.

      Delete

Leave a comment anytime. I love to talk games.