Pages

Monday, April 17, 2017

Myndariel's Middle Earth Captain's Guide

Myndariel has her next guide to a LOTRO class out, covering the Captain class from level 1-20.

http://myndariel.blogspot.com/2017/04/introducing-captain-level-1-20.html

This is welcome for me, since my LOTRO Captain remains at a low level.   Created in the first hour of the first day of the game, her name is Kate after Captain Kathryn Janeway of the Enterprise.  You know you have to get into a game early to get the name Kate.  Now she can move forward, and I won't scorn the Herald, who I may have named Goofy, because he bugged me.

                                                       Captain Kate and Goofy


I really appreciate these guides, and wish there were more like them.  Often as I'm leveling characters I look for class guides to help me figure out how best to play, but frustratingly, they're always for max level characters.  I say grr when this happens, because I feel when you're max level you don't need a guide like this. 

2 comments:

  1. Alas, many people at max level do need those guides! I do appreciate Myndariel's effort, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If they have a better start in the world, they'd likely end up in a better place at the end of things.
      I'm really affected in my opinion from some years of testing games, both new and established games which revamped their starter areas numerous times in order to give players a feel for the larger game, and to create a successful and engaging experience. I always look hard at those early levels even now, thinking whether the game has been presented in its best light so that I'd want to continue to play. Guides to the early parts of the game can help you decide whether the game is worth playing, and whether you should try another class.

      Delete

Leave a comment anytime. I love to talk games.