Pages

Thursday, August 6, 2015

World of Warcraft: Legion

I didn't know that Legion refers to a group of demons, did you?  I skim along in my religion as I do in most things.  Just passing through!



It seemed like a good idea to spend some time reading posts and forums about the new Blizzard Expansion today, and I am, as always with a game I love to play, excited.  It's about time Elves were featured, they're not the aloof, we scorn all but ourselves elves found in other games.  They take selfies!

 
 Not being a Lore Junkie, but being an Elf Friend, I'll enjoy getting more of their back story.

While many seem to have an attitude that says Show me why I should stay, Show me why I shouldn't leave, Show me why I should pay you, my thought is, when will it be available? When can I play?  This time around I should have at least 5 max level characters to send to the Broken Isles, all my favorite classes.

When a game I play brings out new content, I always wish for a new class to try out, a new area to explore, and a raised level cap.  Five is puny, truthfully, but ten is great.  I want new and interesting additions to the crafting system (we didn't get that last time and nothing has been said this time).  I wish for a good story, and I want surprises.  As an avid dungeon fan in World of Warcraft, lots of five person dungeons...give me TEN! (There may be 9 incoming which is not bad at all).

Right on the Legion site there is a beta opt-in option.  I was thinking I wouldn't do it again so as not to ruin the story and experience, but plink!  I hit it immediately.  Last year I spent all summer playing in Draenor and I didn't want to play anything else at all.  The people playing in the beta were a really good crowd, smart, knowledgeable, helpful.  Sort of like the ideal server population you'd like to find someday.  It was an excellent beta experience.  Crossing fingers, see you there!


2 comments:

  1. Being cynical is more fashionable :D Less cynically, while Draenor was amazeballs fun for a couple of months, there's not much in it now that makes me want to log in. In fact, the more characters I levelled through it, the more weary of it I became, which I didn't expect because I love levelling characters in WoW. So that was sad. I've only got 4 100s right now but the prospect of logging in and dealing with their garrisons (which I seem to be incapable of NOT doing) is unappealing.

    Good luck with the beta though -- I'm on a self-imposed (almost no) betas diet after overdoing it for a few years, but in my experience betas are probably the BEST time to be in any game, and have the best communities to boot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Draenor characters all have 10000 resources so I do the Follower missions to try to get rid of some. I have felt as if they need to do all of their garrison tasks before heading out, but they never get anywhere. I've picked my Warlock to level next, she only has three levels to get to 100 and she can beat practically any foe. Just have to add/ ignore the garrison for now.
    I have always had good beta experiences, I think. Early on, I did so many that I kept running into the same people in beta after beta. Some were a hoot and made the exact same comments in every game. Line by line identical feedback.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment anytime. I love to talk games.