Pages

Saturday, March 28, 2015

Guild Wars 2: Inching Along



I spent quite a bit of time this evening in yet another area of the Wayfarer Foot Hills.  I'll be done with this area soon, because I came upon a portal leading to an interesting looking level 17ish area and I've done most of the quests in the area. 

My xp did not seem to be accumulating at any great rate, I was watching it. I did get to "effective level 12" and actual level 22.

Happiness is gathering resources in the landscape.  I found copper, fruits, vegetables, trees.  It just adds that little treasure hunting zing to find things as you whack your way through the landscape.

At the end of my session I went back to the large major city whose name I forget.  I've decided to take up Armorsmithing after all.  An NPC let me buy a couple of recipes from him out in the foothills, and I could learn them, though I haven't trained in anything.  Most interesting.

3 comments:

  1. I love gathering resources as well. Most of my gaming time is spent running from plant to plant (or tree, or ore node), occasionally interrupted by an event spawning on top of me. It's nice that killing random mobs standing in your way usually contributes to completing a heart and leveling up.

    If I'm not mistaken, you can read/learn any recipe you find, even if you don't have the crafting profession for it. You can only actually *use* your gained knowledge to make something if you're good enough at said crafting profession. If you're not good enough yet, the name of the recipe will be red. I'm quite happy by this small quality-of-like feautre: it means I won't have to spend my precious storage space for storing recipes.

    And that major city would be Hoelbrak. I often park my Norn characters there as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The crafting system sounds interesting, and not quite like anything I've come across. I'm happy to learn the recipes as well, since I sometimes have a pile of recipes in the bank I can't use yet.
      I've been using your tip about depositing materials. I haven't any idea where they're going but they aren't clogging my inventory.
      Hoelbrak is the city. I really like it there and for now I'll call it home.

      Delete
    2. Don't worry, once you store crafting mats in your material storage, you can drag them back into your inventory anytime by using a crafting station. It's one of those tabs giving access to it, I think one of the middle ones (I can't check right now because my gaming PC doesn't work atm). While there's not much need as you can craft from the materials in the storage directly, you can use it to get stuff back in your inventory so you can mail it to other players. At least, that's the only thing I can imagine having them around in your inventory for (other than hitting the stacking cap, which is usually 250).

      Delete

Leave a comment anytime. I love to talk games.