Pages

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Patch Day World of Warcraft 6.1




I love a good Patch Day.   http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/17989015/61-patch-notes-2-24-2015

Although there aren't any nice big quest lines (and there's really no excuse for that), there are tons of things that add functionality to the game.

I am not disappointed at all that there is no flying.  The zone was designed to have treasures and puzzles and alternative activities that would be diminished by flight. 

The next Expansion should take place in some land where you're always up in the air, always flying, and those who love to fly can zoom back and forth endlessly happy.

The next Patch should let me decorate my Garrison!  I want rugs, I want paintings, I want furniture.  I want the ability to have the buildings reflect the homelands of my characters or even let me choose the theme.

Highlights that I find interesting or worthy of comment:

Blood Elf Models:  Weren't they already the Fairest of Them All?  Did they really need tweaking?

Twitter Integration:   I can see this being useful for some, but Like I Tweet Much.  I'm sure not connecting my Fake-O Gamer Twitter account to my real life game account.  Keep It Separate, Keep It Safe.

Toys: ....In the real world I have lots of toys.  More toys than I ought to have.  In the game they seem useless and annoying.

Garrisons:   I can't understand why they didn't add any Guild Functionality or even the ability to just Set Permissions so people you know can just enter without being grouped.  Or let your Alts use your stuff.  Sheesh.

I do like the New Garrison Visitors
  • One of five new visitors may visit each day offering a quest to anyone that visits players with a Tier 3 Garrison.
    • Defeat a dungeon boss: Completing this daily quest awards Garrison Resources.
    • Defeat a raid boss: Completing this weekly quest awards gold and an item level 645 token with a chance for it to be an item level 655 token.
    • Bounty (intended for 2 or more players): Group up with 2 or more additional players to hunt down and defeat a powerful enemy and you’ll earn gold and a chance to get an heirloom quest item off of the creature you kill for the quest.
    • Relic: Completing these quests will reward gold and ultimately Harrison Jones as a new Follower.
    • Profession: Get your hands on more Primal Spirits, reduce surplus reagents, and buy new recipes for crafted upgrades and transmutes.
  • For the Pet Battlers out there, there's a separate chance for an additional visitor offering unique Pet Battles with a chance to award a bag containing Pet Battle items and new Battle Pets.
Harrison Jones in my Garrison!!!

I love the music of Draenor, and some other areas of the game, so I like everything that I know so far about the  New Garrison Music Box
  • Players can assemble a music box allowing them to play music in their Garrisons.
  • The music box can be obtained as a reward from a new quest found in your Garrison.
  • New songs can be collected from throughout the world to expand your music library.

The Archaeology Follower Mission changes are my favorite part of the Follower Missions Updates
  • New Profession Missions are now available on upgrading a profession building to level 3. Successfully completing these missions award an item that allows instant completion of work orders.
  • Players can unlock Relic and Bounty missions for their followers by completing the corresponding Relic or Bounty quest offered by one of the random daily new visitors to the Garrison.
  • New exploration missions are available to players with a skill of at least 1 in Archeology. Successfully completing these missions can award Archeology fragments, keystones, or treasure maps for a Draenor zone. Treasure maps obtained in this manner does not require quest achievement completion for the Draenor zone.
  • Archeology Vendors in Stormshield and Warspear now sell an item that'll spawn a follower exploration mission for 5 Restored Artifacts.
  • New Level-100 Scouting missions to a Battlefield now awards an item that grants access to missions that award Apexis Crystals.
  • New Raid missions to Blackrock Foundry are now available for a cache that awards level 665, 680, or 695 items.
  • New follower missions have been added that can award gold, Apexis Crystals, Savage Blood, or Augmentation runes.
  • Level 90-94 gold and Garrison Resource missions will now continue to appear even if there are no Followers that are level 90-94.
  • Level-100 Garrison resource missions now award more Garrison Resources.
  • Scavenger trait for Followers now increases Garrison Resources gained from a mission by 100% (down from 200%).

Darkmoon Faire (This Very Weekend!  http://youtu.be/q9eCqwzAjTY   )
  • The Darkmoon Faire have added an exciting new racing event with opportunities to obtain new unique prizes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment anytime. I love to talk games.